Monday, April 15, 2013

Fast and delicious waffles!

I don't know about you, but when my boys are hungry I don't get much of a warning.  This is why I LOVE fast and easy foods.. Do I sound like a broken record yet??

We used to buy boxes of frozen waffles, which just didn't seem cost effective or as fresh.  I was at Trader Joe's and saw they had a multigrain baking and pancake mix.  Picked it up and made a batch on Sunday for my parents who were visiting and the babies!  I made the batter according to the box and added some fresh blueberries.  Stuck it in the waffle iron and they were delish!  The boys and adults loved them!

When freezing: Put a piece of parchment paper between each waffle in a freezer ziplock.  This will keep them from sticking to each other when frozen.
Serving sizes: My boys each eat 2 triangles so they split one waffle.  If you have one child I would cut the waffle in half before freezing so it's easier when you want to toast.  My boys also had scrambled eggs with cottage cheese (one egg each) this morning.
To warm: Pop in the toaster oven!




*If you want to buy frozen box waffles then I recommend Whole Food's organic blueberry waffles.  Eggo actually also makes a whole grain waffle that comes in different flavors.  


No comments:

Post a Comment