Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mini Quiches for my mini men!

Every morning starts out the same in our house.  The boys wake up at 7, nurse, and they play
.  By 8 they are ready for breakfast and they let me know it!  I usually can't cook fast enough for them!  This is why I LOVE pre-made foods!  My boys love eggs but that takes time every morning to cook them.  I decided to make some mini quiches for my mini men so I could just pop it in the microwave and it would be ready for them when they are hungry!  This eliminates lots of whining :-)

I was going to just use cheddar cheese and spinach but as I was giving them cottage cheese today I remembered a friend saying she made scrambled eggs with cottage cheese so I thought I'd add that in.  They absolutely love cottage cheese and it's a great (but messy!) snack! Oh and how awesome is it to get some veggies in their food at breakfast?!

Ingredients:
3 large organic eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach
2 Tbsp chopped onions

As you know, I'm always trying to make things easier so a friend introduced me to the already chopped onion bags at Trader Joe's (seriously they are genius!).  I also got some frozen organic chopped spinach there.  As for the cottage cheese, I would love to use organic but the day I was at the store they only had fat free organic so I bought the regular small curd.  Haven't been able to find large curd anywhere.  If you know where to find large curd please share!


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook spinach (follow instructions on bag)
Beat 3 eggs in large bowl.
Add all ingredients to eggs and stir.
Butter muffin pan (you can use butter or a spray)
Pour mixture into muffin pan (3/4 full)
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.

 Three eggs in bowl 
 Shredded Tillamook cheese! 
 Poured into greased muffin tins
Finished product! 


Twin Tested, Twin Approved! 



Possible variations:
Next time I think I'll try it with some bell peppers to see how they like it. 
I will also possibly add a couple more eggs. 
You can always add crust! 
Try it with any kind of vegetable you think you taste good! 


4 comments:

  1. We have a very similar recipe that adds about a cup of ground flax that Liv loves! FYI- I can get organic large curd cottage cheese at Whole Foods Redondo about 50% of the time and the El Segundo store about 80% of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Definitely going to try these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! Look really easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this: Twin Tested, Twin Approved!

    ReplyDelete